Grassroots Environmental Products offers organic, natural mattresses and bedding, non-toxic cleaners, natural baby products and green products for a sustainable lifestyle in Toronto.
Some people postpone making these choices because they feel it has to be all or nothing. But taking small steps to gradually replace conventional products with healthier alternatives can be just as effective for a sustainable future.
See some feedback from our happy customers!
Until Grassroots opened its doors in Toronto in 1994, there were very few options for green product choices. Word of our unique products spread gradually, and our small green business now mindfully operates a retail store in Toronto, as well as our online store.
We have pioneered to bring sustainable, low impact products to the marketplace, guiding people towards awareness and environmentally-responsible lifestyles.
Behind every product sold at Grassroots is a story. Not only are these stories about our products and the environment, but they are stories about small, eco-friendly companies that we are proud to support.
Because we live in an age where “green washing” is epidemic (green washing is when anyone can claim to make an environmental product), Grassroots carefully sources and investigates products that meet or exceed our environmental standards, respecting and observing fair trade, fair labour, and human rights practices.
Shop with confidence knowing that we have researched the products we carry and we can provide you with all the detailed product information to make an educated and compassionate choice.
We are so much more than a store that sells environmental products. Here are a few things about Grassroots that separate us from the pack:
- Green Power. Grassroots stores are Bullfrogpowered (100% green electricity retailer in Ontario that sources electricity exclusively from wind and low-impact water power producers). Find out more at www.bullfrogpower.com.
- Packing Materials. For all of our online shipments, we either reuse packing materials from our suppliers or use recyclable/biodegradable materials.
Over the past few years we have won the following awards:
- 2014 NOW Magazine Readers Choice Award
- Best Eco-Store in Canada, as voted by Today's Parent magazine readers
- Ambassador Award, Retail Council of Canada
- Market Transformation Award, Green Toronto Awards, City of Toronto
- Green Toronto Award of Excellence, Green Toronto Awards, City of Toronto
- Bike Friendly "Business of the Year" Award, City of Toronto
- Commuter Challenge Award, City of Toronto
- Bicycle Friendly Business Award (multiple winner), City of Toronto
- Bicycle Friendly Business Award, City of Toronto
- Community Bicycle Network Award
- Green Business of the Year Award, Riverdale Community Business Centre
- Environmental Business of the Year Award, Rachel Carson League
- No Energy to Waste Award, Greenest City, Toronto
- Atmosphere Friendly Retailer Award, Greenest City, Toronto
In-store Workshops: Grassroots organizes dozens of unique workshops every year that focus on issues of environmental sustainability.
Showcasing Local Artists: Grassroots showcases environmentally-related artwork by local artists.
Book Signings: Grassroots has hosted numerous in-store book signings from eco-authors such as the late, great Bob Hunter, Adria Vasil, Rex Wyler, Vanessa Farquharson and Tanya Barnard & Sarah Kramer.
Partnerships: Grassroots has partnered with dozens of environmental organizations, such as, Evergreen Foundation, Windshare Co-Op, and David Suzuki Foundation to provide storefront exposure for key conservation issues and to help increase public understanding and interest.
Grassroots is listed on Green Life Pages.
We are proud partners of
Grassroots is Savvy Mom approved.