Every home cook knows you can never have too many cutting boards.
This collection was designed with an easy-to-handle slim profile. These durable boards are available in a variety of sizes, perfect for small or large jobs. Bamboo absorbs little moisture which minimizes shrinking, swelling, and warping making it a superior choice of material for all types of cutting boards.
Made of 100% organically grown bamboo
Hand finished with top grade natural, food-safe wood oil
Large Cutting Board 15" x 11" / 38cm x 28cm
Small Cutting Board 12" x 8" / 31cm x 20cm
Bamboo is a highly renewable material. It is one of the earth's fastest growing plants. Bamboo needs no replanting, grows without fertilizers or pesticides and is harvested from controlled stands with an astounding growth cycle of three to five years. Bamboo is not a wood, but a species of grass. There are more than 1200 species of bamboo in the world. Moso (Phyllostachys pubescens) is our preferred species for its versatility, renewability and beauty. Importantly, Moso bamboo is not a species consumed by the panda. Bamboo offers vital economic and ecological benefits to the lives of millions of people worldwide; providing food, fuel, housing, furniture, artisan products, and soil and water conservation.
Bamboo plays an important role in the reduction of timber consumption, environmental and forest protection, poverty alleviation, and sustainable development of rural economies. It is the fastest growing canopy for the re-greening of degraded lands and releases 35% more oxygen than equivalent timber stands.
BAMBOO AT A GLANCE
- An enduring, fast growing and truly renewable resource, it needs no replanting.
- A high-yielding, viable replacement for wood and petroleum based products.
- Important economic and ecological benefits including soil and water conservation, jobs, numerous product applications and food- more then 1000 documented uses.
- Amazingly short growth cycle, it can be harvested in 3-5 years versus 15-20, typical for many hardwoods.
- The fastest growing plant on the planet, some species can grow up to 1 meter or 3 feet per day.
- A critical element in the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
- A renewable alternative resource for agro-forestry production.
- Bamboo shoots provide a nutritional source of food which can be made into bread, cakes scones and cookies.
- Environmentally friendly reduction of pressure on forests through wood substitution.
- Products can be made in rural environments, reducing industrial and urbanization impacts.
- Bamboo is durable, sturdy and strong - harder than Red Oak and Maple.