By choosing 100% organic cotton tampons, women avoid exposure to dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and synthetics while doing good for the earth. Organic cotton tampons are a direct response to health and environmental concerns about dioxin pollution caused by chlorine bleaching, the use of rayon in tampons, and the extensive use of pesticides on conventionally grown cotton.
- Available in regular, super and super-plus absorbency
- With an applicator (16 per pack)
- Without an applicator (20 per pack)
- If you are not using organic all-cotton tampons, the tampons you are using could be chlorine-bleached and may contain rayon and additives. Unknown to most women, rayon and rayon-cotton blends are widely used in the manufacture of tampons. The rayon used in tampons is chlorine-bleached.
- Chlorine-bleaching produces dioxins, a powerful carcinogen.
- A woman uses over 11,000 tampons in her lifetime
- In tampons, all-cotton (100% cotton) is the preferred choice over rayon or rayon-cotton blends to reduce the risk of menstrual-related Toxic Shock Syndrome.
- There are no regulations concerning the listing of ingredients in tampons